Verena Fraser is a family lawyer in Burlington and Oakville. She received her law degree from McGill University and was called to the Ontario Bar in 1994. She later earned a diploma in Family Mediation at McMaster University and then underwent an internship in mediation to become an Accredited Family Mediator (Acc.F.M.) with the Ontario Association of Family Mediators (OAFM). Verena’s extensive training in both law and mediation allows her to provide alternative dispute resolution mechanisms for families going through separation or divorce.
In addition to a degree in commerce, Verena has also achieved certification with the Academy of Financial Divorce Specialists. It has been her experience that a thorough knowledge of finance and wealth management is a critical skill needed when couples are undertaking the division of their accumulated matrimonial property, since they will now be embarking on new, independent and financially secure lives.
Education and Credentials
- B. Comm. (Honours), McMaster University
- Law degree, McGill University
- Called to the Ontario Bar in 1994
- Family Mediation Diploma, McMaster University
- Financial Divorce Specialist, Academy of Financial Divorce Specialists.
- Accredited Family Mediator, (Acc.F.M), Ontario Association of Family Mediators (OAFM).
- Collaborative Family Law Professional